View job on Handshake
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
View, Inc is seeking an experienced candidate for a combined Production Engineer & Supervisor role responsible for key Manufacturing area for employment in its high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The facility produces revolutionary, electrochromic, insulated glass units for installation in commercial and residential windows.
This team member will be responsible for ensuring the safety, development & growth of their teams while continuously improving production efficiency by ensuring that all production activities are carried out safely and effectively and in a streamlined manner.
- Promote a safe work environment by personally demonstrating the highest safety standards and holding all team members accountable to View safety standards.
- Develop collaborative, high-caliber work teams through employee goal-setting, coaching and engagement.
- Ensure high operational efficiency by putting into place and upholding the best operational methods and practices.
- Plans and schedules daily/weekly tasks based on factory priorities and available resources, uses judgement on problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
- Maintaining compliance of safety and legal regulations.
- Work with the broader factory team to develop, implement and promote improved operating policies and procedures and assist in the strategic development of the manufacturing process and production operations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively with team members and management
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze data, operational sheets, scheduling requests and make sound operational decisions under minimal direction
- A high-volume manufacturing mindset and excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job roles and working hours
- Skilled in operations data acquisition, analysis and reporting using MS Excel & basic SQL Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience leading a team or a strong background in industrial/process engineering or in the armed forces is a plus
- Experience in a glass manufacturing or processing industry
- Experience in glass coating, semiconductor, disc drive or similar industries
- Proven track record in scaling up manufacturing operations and processes & team development
- Working knowledge and understanding of MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
(with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Ability to lift-up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment with variations in temperature
- Ascend and Descend stairs throughout the facility (as necessary)
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and/or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer