View job on Handshake
Sheathing Technologies, Inc., founded in 1992, is a medical device manufacturer of Ultrasound Probe Covers, FDA-Cleared Viral Barriers, Adhesives, Needle Guides Kits, Ultrasound Gel, and Storage/Transport Covers. We are the global leader of infectious control solutions. We are proud of the fact that more than 90% of our products are manufactured in the United States with the bulk of it right in our facility located in Morgan Hill, CA. As market leaders, our technological advancements for ultrasound procedures have enabled us to continually increase quality, year after year. We are looking to expand our team and are now accepting applications for a Manufacturing Engineer.
Our biggest accomplishment in recent history has been to develop and create the world’s only FDA cleared Viral Barrier which provides the safest ultrasound guided procedures. This product provides our clinicians and their patients with a complete barrier to all bacteria and all currently known testable viruses.
Sheathing Technologies, Inc. is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to all of the company’s employees. We offer standard benefits such as medical, dental and optional vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k) matching plan & tuition reimbursement. The benefits offered by Sheathing Technologies, Inc. is designed to positively impact all aspects of your life; to help you and your family succeed and to maintain our status as a “perfect job”. Come find out what Sheathing Technologies, Inc. has to offer you.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in our Morgan Hill, CA facility you will be responsible for:
· Assisting the Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager in enhancing the process to increase manufacturing efficiencies in production processes
· Analyze, organize, implement & maintain production process flow of existing processes. Perform research, design & development of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods & production equipment
· Work on optimization of manufacturing process & fixtures – identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
· Assist with the development & implementation of equipment maintenance programs & repairs
· Assist with troubleshooting & repair of manufacturing systems – investigate operational problems affecting production & recommend solutions
· Develop working instructions, workmanship standards & process documents and ensure they are followed per Quality Management Systems (QMS)
· Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions, workmanship standards (which means to present the requirements for quality and consistency in the clearest practical manner) and process procedures
· Prepare quotations for labor, tooling & equipment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent degree)
· Detail-orientated with good organization and time management skills
· Motivated, self-driven and independent
· Strong desire for continuous learning and acquisition of manufacturing systems knowledge
· Ability to operate in a collaborative work environment
· Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic physical principals & engineering concepts
· MS Office proficient (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Proficient using SolidWorks or equivalent
· Demonstrated effective verbal & written communication skills
Proven problem solving skills in a teamwork setting