View job on Handshake
START ON A CAREER PATH THAT HAS A FUTURE
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE- INTEGRITY- FAMILY. As a Ryder Manager Trainee, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your career in a timely fashion.
Sales- This position is designed to be completed in 18-24 months and provides the incumbent general Rental Management training in addition to specific training in the areas of Finance, Operations, Human Resources and Sales /Marketing. The incumbent will be assigned to operational and administrative tasks in support of location and regional management. This program is fast-paced and touches every aspect of the business unit. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills and resources to develop your relationship building.
Operations– The Operations Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Manager Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental Management. This program is fast-paced and touches every aspect of the business unit. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills and resources to develop your operations & fleet maintenance background.
We allow you to carve out your own career path and promote from within, based on performance. If you’re motivated, coachable, and looking to get your sales, operations, or management career started, you’ve come to the right place. Structured work weeks, rotational Saturday’s, competitive pay, & overtime pay (when necessary) . We also offer a full benefits package, PTO, 401k employer match, and a discount on RyderShares!
These positions are not remote and vacancies become available all over the country throughout the year as business needs dictate and promotions out of these role occur. Pay range is $45k- $55k depending on which trainee role and geographical location/cost of living.
Check out these company videos!
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar related degree
- Zero to three years of experience preferred in customer service and issue resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment; high energy, self-motivated, self directed, and able to focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up practices; a high degree of common sense and the aptitude to learn quickly
- Ability to relocate in the region/US at the conclusion of the training program
- Computer literacy (intermediate level)