View job on Handshake
**this position is for Spring/Summer 2022 graduates**
JOB TITLE: Manager, Management Consultant
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
LOCATION: Boston, San Francisco or Houston
SUMMARY: Deliver innovative thinking supported by detailed analytics, data science, market research, subject matter expertise and use of our software tools to help our energy clients make effective supply chain and capital project execution decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinate with client supply chain management, PMOs, project executives and engineering teams as they design and implement supply chain and capital project procurement solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Serving our Clients)
- Execute market research to assess supply and demand factors influencing our clients’ strategic business decisions
- Provide deep analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and synthesize results into meaningful conclusions to help our clients make strategic procurement and capital project decisions
- Support the bidding processes for large capital project contracts and supply chain strategic initiatives, including: performing pricing analysis, coordinating bidder correspondence, designing and orchestrating bidder negotiations and implementing contracting efforts
- Use the PowerAdvocate Energy Intelligence Platform software tools to analyze spend, build custom cost models, forecast escalation, manage eSourcing bid events and support many of our other consulting solutions. This often requires training our clients to harness the value of the PowerAdvocate software tools that they license in addition to using the tools to empower your own work.
- Up to 80% travel to client sites primarily in the U.S. and Canada is required (post-Covid restrictions)
- Managers are asked to take increasing responsibility managing internal and client teams as they gain experience and progress towards promotion to Director
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in internal Practice Areas designed to grow and organize our knowledge base, educate others and improve our solutions for specific energy sectors
- Assist with PowerAdvocate technology improvements and sales and marketing efforts
- Other duties assigned to meet business needs
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, project management and time management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for a large spectrum of clientele
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
- BS/BA with a focus in engineering, science or business; graduate level engineering, science or MBA degree is preferred
- 4+ years of experience with Owners in or suppliers serving the energy industry, particularly in a Business Operations or Engineering function within the Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical sectors
- This position does not provide visa sponsorship
PowerAdvocate is a data, SaaS, and consulting company that makes its customers more effective and resilient contributors to the global economy. We do that by providing our customers the right data in the right solution to help them reduce costs, manage risks, and accelerate the transition to renewable energy.
We are a values-led company. We care for each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”). We recognize that our individual differences make us stronger. We are confident and driven, yet practical and humble. We help each other improve with direct, respectful feedback. We encourage different viewpoints and trust in best intentions.
We currently have an opportunity to fill a new role on our Legal and Compliance team focused on contract reviews and negotiations with some of the largest energy companies in the world. Our contracts are typically multi-year and cover unique technology, data and services solutions.
Hybrid work arrangements available.