The Manager, Data Governance & Strategy will support the Director and Global Head in driving Circle K’s enterprise-wide data governance, strategy and execution within the Global Analytics & Insights organization, in alignment with business objectives. The Manager will oversee Analysts and Sr. Analysts to assess the end-to-end data impact of insight creation and continuously monitor the quality of data obtained and provided to the broader organization. The Manager will support the administration of Data Governance Council actions at the direction of the Global Head through work with Data Stewards at our Global offices as well as communicating and managing key upstream governance activities.
In this role, the successful candidate will drive the development and implementation of data policies, processes, and standards, and ensure metadata is captured correctly. Working closely with Global Technology, Finance, and business units in maintaining and enhancing master data, the Manager will drive the creation of methods for monitoring quality and provide guidance on streamlining data management.
- Supports the Global Head in maintaining, communicating, and enforcing Data Governance policies, processes, and procedures
- Drives data impact analysis and data quality initiatives within Global Analytics & Insights
- Ensures effective internal controls by monitoring metrics and data, driving performance through improvement initiatives
- Works closely with the Global Technology and Finance organizations, as well as business data stewards to assess/communicate data changes and the resulting technology impacts
- Understands the upstream and downstream data impacts and directs the development, implementation, and management of control structures and business rules used to govern data transformations
- Oversees development of enforcement mechanisms for ensuring policies, processes, and standards are followed for enterprise data
- Supports efforts to monitor compliance with established standards and metrics
- Accountable for the development of the business data dictionary across identified functions
- Supports the creation and production of data quality scorecards
- Oversees the actions of Data Stewards within the various business units and business functions
- Supports execution of data quality audits and assesses results
- Identifies and supports execution of process improvement opportunities
- Implements corrective actions to resolve data quality problems
- Supports Global Head in consolidation of domain-level data quality metrics for consumption at the Data Governance Organization (DGO) and Data Governance Council (DGC) levels
- Communicates and reviews findings with senior team members
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation / operating procedures for all process work
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 5-7 years of experience with Data Governance and/or Information Management discipline
- Knowledge of data structures, systems and BI tools related to data management
- Experience with Master Data Management platforms such as Tibco EBX, Riversand, Stibo etc.
- Experience with data governance tools such as Collibra, Azure Purview; and data management tools such as Alation, Paxata etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required, including the ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas
- Ability to self-manage while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential departmental and corporate information
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting specific organization goals
- Must have excellent written, verbal and public presentation communication skills. Must be able to produce memos and executive summaries.
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously. Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks
- Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Clear understanding of change management preferred. This should include participating in the development or implementation of solutions which require comprehensive shifts in operational practices
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and potential obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance
- Ability to work on multiple levels from resolving individual support issues to leading large strategic programs
- Must have interpersonal skills to collaborate and deal effectively with all business contacts
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology, engineering or a related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Effective communicator and collaborator across all functions with ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Strong leadership and executive presence.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company’s use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: