Employment History Include your last ten (10) years of employment history, or length of your employment history if less, including all positions (even those that are not relevant to this position) and periods of unemployment. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.
With limited direction, incumbent is responsible for oversight of personnel actions for academic trainees. Oversees communication between various departments and labs to administer the accurate entry personnel actions for trainees. Assists in the development of academic training philosophy, programs and the corresponding policies and procedures to achieve goals. Performs complex professional-level work in the assigned functional areas of staffing, systems, project management. Identifies and implements process improvement and ensures effective delivery of services. Provides professional advice and counsel to lab management on complex and sensitive staffing matters ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Responsible for UCSD graduate program and other academic partnership programs and agreements as required.
Conducts financial analysis and projections as needed. Provides functional and technical expertise to develop and implement related projects. Supervises Sr. Academic Partner.
Position is expected to exercise considerable discretion in carrying out responsibilities independently with sound, professional judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in academic staffing or research setting
- Strong analytical skills to identify problems and develop innovative recommendations without the benefit of precedent
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Fund management experience with external funding sources (e.g. federal, state, voluntary health agencies and private foundations) in a higher education and/or non-profit research environment.
- Experience working with broad based academic salary structures, funding sources, and academic salary administration.
- Federal Contractor experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or human resources or other closely related discipline that requires persuasive writing, strong reading comprehension, and analytic thinking or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Satisfactory completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/MENTAL ACTIVITIES/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position will constantly be adjusting focus, grasping, hearing, keying, seeing, sitting, talking, analyzing, calculating, communicating, reading, reasoning, writing and working inside.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)