Michael Shannon Consulting (MSC) is a fast growing management consulting firm, ranked in the 2021 5,000 fastest growing private businesses in America by Inc. Magazine. We expect to continue to see a significant increase in demand for our business services for several years to come. In an ever-changing world, our professionals must be agile and thrive in a team-driven culture. At MSC, our employees are our top resource and our number one priority. MSC believes that as a business, you must invest in your product and as a service firm our product is our people. MSC understands that everyone is an individual and there is more than one way to come to a common answer. We invest in you as a person not just a resource, nurturing your individual talents to assist you with becoming a highly qualified expert and expedite your career trajectory. If you are looking for a firm that is committed to investing in you and facilitating a team environment both within MSC and with our clients, where you can be yourself, have an significant impact, improve your skills, grow your experiences, have work-life flexibility and access to new areas of inspiration; then consider a career at MSC. Positions are currently work from home. Once Covid restrictions are lifted, the positions are location in Battle Creek, MI.
MSC is currently seeking to hire entry-level management consultants to support our Federal Government clients.
- Work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment supporting clients on a variety of complex business and accounting issues related to financial management, agreements and contracts management, process improvement, and business system implementation
- Collect from relevant and available sources all documents related to business processes and other sources to help improve business process execution, efficiencies, and effectiveness
- Perform comprehensive analysis of existing business processes and data quality, assist with business process and data improvements, and implementation of business process changes and data cleanup
- Facilitate business process improvement discussions with clients and their respective business partners
- Support Federal Government clients with data management from a variety of structured and unstructured sources, ranging from small, simple excel reports to large, complex datasets from enterprise applications and data warehouses quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Interface and collaborate with client management teams and technical resources, MSC project leaders, application owners, technical and developer resources to align product deliverables and work stream plans
- Bring an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit to your role through the identification, design, development of solutions to improve the projects, processes and solutions around you leveraging your skill set through continuous learning opportunities
- Mentor, teach, share knowledge and communicate with your colleagues across projects, service lines and the firm; rapidly understand client dynamics and key issues, concerns, models, synergies and financial reporting implications
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment as a team player
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts down to actionable objectives to advise stakeholders including C-level executives, client management, and firm colleagues and able to explain business processes, concepts, challenges and issues to technical resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Access
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
MSC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. MSC is an equal opportunity employer. MSC complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
New hires will begin through out the month of January and must have a Bachelors degree prior to starting.