This position provides a variety of professional-level technical and administrative support for the Town Manager’s Office. By conducting research and analyzing complex issues using data, this incumbent will provide reports and recommendations pertaining to administrative systems, policies, and practices. Incumbent works closely with town management and department directors in coordinating activities, special projects and assists with representation of the Town’s governmental partnerships. Participates in performance and process improvement, while also drafting policy and reports for management teams and/or Town Council.
· Work requires use of initiative and independent judgment while receiving occasional instruction or assistance as new or unique situations/projects arise.
· Represents and supports staff from the Town Manager’s Office to public and private organizations and entities via telephone and personal contact; establishes and maintains effective working relations with elected officials, executive level management and other employees; responds to requests for information and assistance; provides information regarding Town policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Uses analytical skills to perform research, benchmarking and resolve technical, operational, and procedural problems; collects and examines data to find areas to improve services, reduce expenses, and to increase efficiencies.
· Develops and drafts policies, reports, and analyses for various departments and to Town Council.
· Works within databases and spreadsheets, including performing data entry and retrieval as needed.
· Provides back-up support to administrative and customer service-related positions.
· Completes special projects with minimal oversight, subject to final review upon project completion.
· Document findings from studies and evaluations, and prepare recommendations to implement new systems, procedures, or organizational changes. Follow up on recommendations by conferring with affected personnel to ensure the successful functioning of newly implemented system or procedures.
· Works with department directors to develop, track, and evaluate policy and performance measurement data with regard to the Town’s Strategic Plan and other guiding documents.
· Maintains, manually and electronically, records and files related to management analysis activities. Research and compile statistical information.
· Prepare and monitor budgets, track expenditures, and prepare projected expenditures and revisions. Research and develop grant requests, review contracts, and administer grants, ensuring grant agreement compliance.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with department and/or Town policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILIITES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration and municipal government, including budgeting, organizational development and municipal program, policy and operational evaluation.
· Knowledge of and skill in public administration research methods, techniques, and methods of report presentation using principles of effective communication.
· Knowledge of and the ability to utilize strategic planning principles.
· Skill in mathematics and statistics.
· Skill in Microsoft Office 365 applications; ability to create flowcharts in MS Visio is desirable.
· Ability to write at a highly skilled level, analyzing and summarizing complex issues using proper English sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
· Ability to read and comprehend a wide variety of research data, contracts, policies, proposals, and claims.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with town officials, governmental agencies, employees of all levels, and the general public
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Political Science, or related field.
· Requires three years’ experience working in a professional/administrative capacity; OR
· Any equivalent combination of Formal Education and Experience sufficient to perform the Essential Functions.
· Valid Driver’s License required; Arizona Driver’s License required within ten days of hire.
· Master’s degree in Public Administration or Political Science.
· Experience in a municipal or government setting.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Town of Sahuarita and the employee and is subject to change by the Town of Sahuarita as needed. The successful candidate must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check prior to beginning employment with the Town.
The Town of Sahuarita is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town of Sahuarita will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with a member of the Human Resources Department.
Management’s vision is for all employees to embrace, support, and promote the Town’s values, beliefs, and culture, which include but are not limited to the following expected behaviors:
- High ethical standards
- Active participation in teamwork
- Strong safety principles and safety awareness
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers