This position assists the permit functional lead, and others in the Business Solutions Unit, by supporting the permitting processes across the Minnesota Pollution Control (MPCA) agency, governance of reference data and online service development. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring consistency of data and processes across programs and recommending improvements in Tempo configuration, but in particular, the air permitting program. This position is also responsible for maintaining assigned reference tables, including data analysis, managing issues in the Unit’s tracking system (Remedy and Mantis), and recommending solutions to diverging requests between functions that may create conflicts within the database, with an emphasis in permitting.
This position assists in the management of integrated data systems including Tempo, EQuIS, OnBase, etc. This position will assist and lead the development of business processes to support permit development and potential online services for the permit business function, and assist other business teams in their design, as assigned.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Three years of professional data management /analysis experience to include querying and reporting of data for large data bases, project planning, implementation, management, and identifying and measuring outcomes with records management experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field will substitute for one year of experience. (Experience must include analyzing and documenting business processes and requirements, defining customer goals, identifying potential use of applications, and applying and adapting specialized software to specific business needs with records management experience.)
- Communication skills sufficient to effectively facilitate process improvement efforts, present to groups, and transmit written information to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of environmental data systems and strategic directions to support its programs within the system.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulatory framework and their applicability to data projects.
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to capture business needs and recommend adjustments based on data analysis.
- Permitting and/or compliance and enforcement experience.
- Organizational skills to balance several efforts simultaneously and ensure projects are completed timely.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure polluting does not have disproportionate impact on any groups of people. We emphasize work-life balance with flex
schedules, compressed schedules, and options to telework for some positions.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Our differences make us stronger
and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.