As a machine learning scientist at Health at Scale, you will work with an exceptional team of engineers, scientists, and clinicians to conduct focused research on new machine learning approaches that advance the company’s core product capabilities and the impact we deliver to customers. You will work closely with our engineers and data scientists to identify key opportunities to augment the algorithmic intelligence in each of our products, develop and evaluate new technologies for improvement, and put successful prototypes into production.
- Research machine learning and artificial intelligence advances in core product areas
- Identify key opportunities to drive greater accuracy and actionability for the company’s machine intelligence technologies
- Design and implement new machine intelligence algorithms that support our mission of providing context-aware, real-time, and personalized healthcare decision-support
- Investigate methodological advancements leading to improved computational efficiency and scalability of learning approaches
- Design and conduct structured experiments to evaluate and improve new approaches
- Work closely with engineers to implement advances into production-ready systems and applications
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to define opportunities and constraints
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
- Track record of publishing in top-tier machine learning and AI conferences and journals (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, ICDM, KDD, JMLR) with the ability to clearly describe the corresponding research contributions
- 2+ years of experience with machine learning in academia or industry
- Strong mathematical and conceptual understanding of machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with modern machine learning and optimization toolkits
- Strong proficiency in Python (preferred), Java or C/C++
- Excellent communication skills
Health at Scale is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. To all recruitment agencies: Health at Scale does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to this job alias, company employees or any organization location. Health at Scale is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.