View job on Handshake
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
About the Role
Glassdoor is leading the industry in how job seekers find a job they love. We are building state of the art algorithms to power a personalized jobs search experience for 60+ million unique users per month and growing.
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re transforming an entire industry through the power of transparency. Our vision is for a world where radical transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
You will be part of a highly talented team of machine learning engineers using the latest machine learning technologies and design principles to improve Glassdoor’s products on user generated content, such as salaries, reviews, benefits and interview questions.
Hourly pay rate: $40
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be building some quintessential tools and software technologies for ML applications.
- You’ll be designing systems and building platforms, such as data streaming, for ML models.
- You’ll be building necessary pipelines and the models by using standardized procedures and modularized pipelines that are scalable to organization needs.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering principles, including Data Structures & Algorithms, and System Design
- Basic understanding of AI and Machine Learning
- Programming with Python and/or Java
- Continuous learner with hunger for latest trends in Machine Learning
- Enterprise Software Development experience is a plus
Benefits for U.S. based, regular, full-time employees:
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU): ***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, RSU grant awards are presented bi-annually to exceptional performers.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.* Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
*Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.