About the Company:
Manifold started with a simple observation: In a world full of data and AI tools, why do many organizations still struggle to realize value from all their newly available data.
Manifold Labs is the product development services arm of Manifold. We accelerate building impactful data and AI technology for our clients across various domains using the modern data stack.
Many Manifolders say this is the best place they’ve worked in their career because of the culture and community, using words like genuine, earnest, trusting, learning/teaching, curious, humble. Our team is distributed across the US and Canada, with established hubs in the San Francisco and Boston areas, recent hubs in the Seattle, Denver, and Louisville area, and more in formation. Learn more on our Careers page!
About the Role:
As a machine learning engineer, a large portion of your time and energy will be focused on a cross-functional team building scientific models for the modern era. You will partner with customers across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to transform the way they use data and scale their impact. The organizations that you collaborate with will range from high tech, global life sciences companies to leading research institutions. You will be a vital part of a world-class team that combines the product design and engineering expertise of the world’s top software companies with the scientific expertise of the world’s top research institutions. You’ll have a voice in the room from day one, providing technical feasibility assessments to the Product Manager and Designer to ensure that we can build what we say we’re going to build.
Machine Learning Engineers at Manifold work on a variety of problems, connecting our customers’ desired outcomes to concrete deliverables. Every project is different, from reinforcement learning to computer vision, and you’ll experience a breadth of industries. Our teams are highly collaborative, and you’ll work closely with customers, data and software engineers, and product managers. We are highly collaborative, oriented towards building and learning, and keenly aware of the responsibility of helping our customers deploy software products for real end users.
This opening is for Machine Learning Engineers of all levels, and our interview process will evaluate your background and experience to assess your current level and enable you to be successful in your role here.
What it’s like being a Machine Learning Engineer at Manifold:
You will have a high degree of autonomy as you work with a nimble, growing team, but some core responsibilities may look like the following.
- Engage with our customers to understand the challenges they are facing, and work with them to produce a strategy and execution plan for their AI goals.
- Define the work that you and other members of your team will execute on, and be able to break down and organize the work appropriately.
- Build and design machine learning pipelines, both consolidating existing databases and building new databases using tools like Python, AWS, SQL, MLFlow, PyTorch, Spark, and more.
- Create design documents that lead to MVPs, and continue iterating on the MVPs into fully developed products.
- Choose machine learning models and evaluate performance in production.
- Expose your machine learning predictions through APIs and Applications developed with other team members.
- Share your knowledge with other team members.
- Learn about new areas of machine learning and other parts of our product development stack as suits your career goals.
Who you are:
- You thrive on data-driven development—always looking for ways to analyze and improve with data.
- You know your end goal, and know how to break it down to achieve smaller successes along the way.
- You are comfortable presenting to groups of your peers.
- You value productive communication, and appreciate the importance of written documentation.
- You’ve worked with large data sets.
- You’ve build machine learning and data analysis engines, and have brought them to production.
- You’ve built models on time series data.
- You’re familiar with agile software practices.
About the Benefits:
We offer a range of benefits to support our team members and their family members. Our benefits include:
- Optional remote or in-office work
- Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% 401k contribution
- Unlimited PTO (with encouragement to actually use it)
- 12 weeks of fully paid new parent leave
- Home office reimbursement
- Charitable donation match
At Manifold, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description.