Zoetis, the global leader in animal health, is looking for an engaged and driven individual to join our logistics team. Zoetis has been leading animal health since its inception in 2012 and we pride ourselves on providing all manner of quality solutions for our customer’s animal health needs.
A Logistics Specialist performs general warehouse related tasks and responsibilities in a lean manufacturing environment. This includes receiving and returning materials to and from production, picking orders, and maintaining and shipping finished goods. This is a position that requires high attention to detail with regard to ensuring a quality product is delivered to our customers. This role operates in a fast-paced environment with a heavy focus on accuracy and customer requirements. This position requires use of SAP, Microsoft applications, and good organizational skills in order to maintain an orderly work environment. All activities are conducted within a safety-minded culture that strives for continuous improvement.
If you have an engaged work ethic and enjoy the challenge of maximizing quality and efficiency as part of a high performance team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
- Ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety guidelines, as well as applicable regulatory standards, such as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Maintain safe operation of sit down and stand up forklifts
- Handle and transport hazardous materials based on DOT regulations and internal SOPs
- Material movements and transactions in SAP
- Load and unload trucks / containers and move materials using forklifts and transfer trucks
- Place materials in storage locations
- Pick, deliver, and return materials for production orders
- Prepare materials for shipment
- Train new operators or cross-train as required
- Collaborate with internal customers and enabling groups (ex: Quality, EHS, etc.)
- Perform self-audits and inspections
- Participate on teams as required (ex: Safety Team, Kaizen Events, process improvement teams, etc.)
- Work together as a team to maintain warehouse schedule and objectives
Required skills, education, and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to obtain the following certifications as applicable: Forklift certification, Hazmat certification, DOT certification, Valid Driver’s License
- Basic math, English communication skills, legible penmanship, and reading comprehension
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Basic use of Microsoft applications and general computer skills
- Effective interpersonal communication and a positive outlook
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- Knowledge of cGMP’s and production practices
- Experience in SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Reliable transportation and good attendance/time management skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement work environment; 5S, visual schedule, PDCA, M1, etc.
- Ability to train on area SOP’s/OJT’s- equipment, process, paperwork
Physical and Time requirements:
- Routine lifting of 20-50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and/or walking
- Ability to use warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Flexible hours and overtime, up to every other weekend, may be required
- Off-site support may be required
- Manual dexterity and ability to keep up with pace of production standards
- Work Environment: Colleague could be exposed to airborne particles, including cephalosporin. Must work near moving mechanical parts. Eye protection and other personal protective equipment are required. Colleague can be exposed to extreme cold and hot temperatures, inside and outside of the buildings.
- SHIFT HOURS: 7:00am-3:30pm