TITLE: Logistics Coordinator/Dispatcher
LOCATION: 4801 S. Whipple, Chicago, IL 60632
The Honest Junk Company is Chicagoland’s premier 501(c)3 junk removal and is the sister nonprofit of the Chicago Furniture
Bank. We are completely differentiated from for-profit competitors since we provide charitable tax receipts for all donated items as well as 80% of the removal fee charged, donate all usable items to various charity partners, and give all revenue to the Chicago Furniture Bank. Honest Junk is able to donate 85% of the items it picks up to nonprofits, while competitors trash everything they pick up.
The Chicago Furniture Bank, their sister non-profit that furnishes homes for the formerly homeless, victims of domestic violence, the disabled, and other populations in need. The CFB is the largest furniture bank in the country furnishing 15 homes per day. Honest Junk’s revenue allows the CFB to fund its mission and get quality furniture. Together, Honest Junk and the
CFB help provide dignity, stability, and comfort to Chicagoans that face poverty through their services. In Honest Junk’s first year it did over $500K in revenue, and our goal is over $1MM in year two. Honest Junk does all sorts of residential and commercial clean outs (hotels, dorms, offices)
Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch.
The Administrative Assistant will contribute to the success of the CFB by helping with client-facing and logistics tasks. A proactive and team-first attitude is important for this role. It is the Administrative Assistant’s responsibility to facilitate a welcoming and professional environment for the CFB’s clients, donors and partners.
- Schedule multiple efficient truck routes each day.
- Analyze pick up locations and quantity of product to fill our trucks
- Create cost-effective routes to maximize revenue and minimize cost.
Client and Donor Relations (40%)
- Answers phone calls with regards to inquiries on the CFB, HJ as well as client scheduling
- Speaking to clients and donors and resolving problems requiring knowledge of the CFB and HJ’s systems of operation.
- Send professional and courteous emails, maintain calendar and contact database, schedule appointments for clients and donations.
Other Office Administration (20%)
- Perform other administrative duties data entry.
- Tracking pickup estimates, sending invoices to clients and following up with clients with overdues invoices.
- Workplace is accessible and near CTA. Work at off-site locations is required and those may not necessarily be fully accessible.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners.
- Employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and communicate effectively via computer.
- Smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Chicago Furniture Bank is an equal opportunity employer and believes in fostering a diverse and inclusive staff. To do this, we not only recognize each individual’s diverse identity but also actively create and maintain a culture of inclusion where all CFB employees feel involved, respected, and supported for their diverse identities. Please let us know if there are any accommodations you require.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong social skills with a passion for customer service.
- Needs to be a proactive problem solver who can work with both donors and clients to find the most efficient, time saving solutions.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Needs to be on time, reliable, and excited to work hard to serve the community.
- Previous work experience in administration is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in word and google suites (required)
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks (preferred but not required)
Starting at $18-$20 an hour