This role is to assure the effective and efficient daily coordination of product through Third Party infrastructure, including tank terminals and transportation achieved through a variety of Intermodal (Iso/Flexi-Tanks, Barge, Ocean Vessel ) transportation modes.
- Scheduling, coordinating, communicating, and processing of Intermodal deliveries to and from vendors, customers, plants, and terminal locations to assure timely delivery of product at the most economical rate.
- Assist in the coordination of transport & design process improvement relating to logistics areas, operationally and organizationally to improve proficiency.
- Follow Renewable Energy Group policies as applicable to the shipment of products from REG and client plants.
- Maintain frequent contact with internal & external supply chain teams.
- Exercise independent judgment to evaluate all possible methods while determining how to transport/distribute specific sales/shipments to and from origin and destination and from regional terminals.
- Monitor & Manage the movements of Inventory and 3rd party shipments/receipt to terminals communicating with the Rail & Truck departments on all movements.
- Make appropriate recommendations to facilitate the availability of inventory at terminals.
- Communicate directly with the REG teams to facilitate forecasting enabling appropriate logistical planning.
- Manage and coordinate all appropriate documentation to facilitate the Import & Export of both Feedstock and finished products.
- Respond to all Internal & External customer inquiries regarding shipment status and terminal operations.
- Conduct a general analysis of cost/sales/profit by terminal as requested based on professional knowledge/experience and available data.
- Analyze and make recommendations for appropriate Export/Import route and respective lane pricing.
- Lead periodic Conference calls with appropriate staff addressing regional issues related to logistical efficiencies.
- Solid understanding of modern industry supply chain analysis tools i.e. network optimization practices and forecasting methodologies.
- Augment lane optimization and participate in both long & short term market strategy
Other frequent duties:
- Define SOP’s and ensure they are being followed at the terminal level.
- Assist in keeping all Intermodal transportation rates & assessorials up to date in OTM
- Create terminal loading/offloading documents for REG’s customers and transportation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of REG accounting procedures and financial conditions, resolve immediately any and all discrepancies.
- Ensure timely processing/payment of all Terminal related Invoices.
- Assist in the Negotiation/coordination of costs associated and post changes as required.
- Full understand the scope of the role and be available as required to assist other coordinators
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Preferred: 4 year bachelor’s degree – Supply Chain Management, Business or related degree.
*2-4 years of experience may substitute
Experience Preferred: at least 1 year of office experience with transportation or logistics
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sales and analytical thinking skills
Basic Math and Accounting skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
Other Database systems
Import & Export Documentary requirements