Summary of essential job functions
• Booking & scheduling all shipments within the assigned Account Executive / team.
• Understand metrics that lead to team profitability including call center statistics, revenue & net revenue, variance to target, variance to max, load counts, etc.
• Direct communication with the Account Executives and Leadership team.
• Identify and solve capacity shortfalls within the team.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge and understanding of various systems, technology, and tools to locate and secure various equipment types for customer shipments.
• Assign carriers to move shipments based on shipment information.
• Profitability: Choose carriers based on service levels and profitability targets.
• Negotiate carrier rates (under targets).
• Ensure all loads are covered that are expected to ship each day.
• Assist with the training and development of all new logistics coordinators and AET’s through shadowing, best practice sharing, and technical support
• Maintain productive working relationships with customer representatives, motor carriers, and PLS employees
• Monitor carrier performance and report carrier failures
• Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to work flexible schedule
• Must exhibit the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
•Ability to multi-task and understand how to prioritize workload in order of importance.
• Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.