Loan Portfolio Analyst II – Commercial Real Estate Finance
Northmarq – Dallas, TX OR Minneapolis, MN OR Denver, CO
NORTHMARQ – WHERE THE BEST COME TO THRIVE
Northmarq is entering a new era, and a landmark career opportunity is waiting for you. Northmarq is independent, and fiercely so. We have the freedom to do things the right way. To hire the very best. To give them the resources to thrive. We do it because that’s what we believe. Northmarq is not held back by principles, we’re propelled by them. We and our clients are growing fast because we’re providing something rare and valuable: easy access to the industry’s best talent, an agile and collaborative style, and vast resources to execute flawless deals for our clients and partners. Northmarq was voted by Real Estate Forum as one of The Best Places To Work In Real Estate!
Northmarq is looking for a Loan Portfolio Analyst II to join its Servicing department. This position requires a deadline-driven and detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for property inspection review, financial statement and rent roll analysis, watchlist/surveillance, reserve disbursement requests, new loan audits, underwriting borrower consent requests, calculating/coordinating loan payoffs, and satisfying investor requirements. Focus will be on commercial mortgage risk management and customer service. Additional responsibilities may be added as the company grows (In line with department goals and objectives).
- Plan and schedule own workload to efficiently meet benchmarks within the department.
- Provide premier customer service to lenders, borrowers, other servicing staff, and regional offices.
- Analyze annual and quarterly financial statements for multifamily and commercial properties in accordance with the requirements of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Life Companies, and other investors.
- Follow up with borrowers and management companies regarding variances and general income and expense questions.
- Review annual property inspections conducted by third-party vendors and regional offices.
- Follow up with borrowers to resolve any deferred maintenance or other issues identified during the annual inspection.
- Review and make recommendations for releases from reserves including replacement, repair, TI/LC, and insurance loss.
- Monitor maturing loans and provide the required notices to borrowers.
- Monitor and update monthly loan reports utilized by investors and management to analyze portfolio risk.
- Audit new loan boarding and setup to ensure loan terms and covenants were accurately captured in the servicing system.
- Underwrite and make recommendations for lender consent of borrower requests, including lease approvals, maturity extensions, partial releases/substitutions of collateral, easements, condemnations, ownership transfers, loan assumptions, etc.
- Calculate and coordinate loan payoff requests, including yield maintenance calculations.
- Monitor and collect outstanding mortgage payments, carefully documenting collection efforts.
- Serve on procedure committees updating policies and procedures for Portfolio Management.
- Perform other reasonable tasks/projects as assigned within the department.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the finance, real estate, or accounting area.
- 2-5 year’s experience in finance or accounting. Background in commercial lending or servicing preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Familiar with commercial loan terminology
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Attention to detail and accuracy required
- Problem-solving skills to reflect the level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations
Northmarq offers a highly competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K match and an annual discretionary contribution based on business performance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance, education assistance, volunteer paid time off, charitable contribution match and so much more!