Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
- 80 % Daily Production Workflow (Subject Matter Expertise on Onboarding & KYC)
- Coordinates with internal partners such as Front, Middle and Back Office staff to obtain required information and applicable documentation related to client on-boarding and KYC production
- Initiates and completes high quality KYC files inclusive of data input, research and analysis
- Identify data anomalies and assist on root cause analysis to minimize errors
- Maintain detailed tracking of KYC file status and other customer record activities to ensure completion within required timeframes
- Independently manage multiple simultaneous requests inclusive of customer data maintenance in a high pressure work environment
- Promptly address queries and assist with problem-solving of matters received from applicable Bank personnel
- Remediate erroneous customer data
- Identify, detect, or report suspicious activities in banking and finance services
- Serve as a Subject Matter Experts (SME) – for core internal bank system and onboarding & KYC procedures
- 15% Project Participation
- Contribute ideas and participate in UAT testing including writing of test cases
- Contribute to work flow or process redesign to achieve efficiencies
- Manage and deliver individual projects as assigned
- 5% Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience in the field of Anti-Money Laundering in financial services industry with understanding of banking product and services
- Solid knowledge of KYC/AML and data governance policy and understanding of business activities, compliance/risk issues
- Solid knowledge of Financial Institution entities, including Funds and other Non-Operating Asset Holdings Companies categories (i.e. Special Purpose Vehicle “”SPV”, Private investment Company (“PICs”) comprising of personal holding companies, business investment corporations, international business corporations) or a trust
- Knowledge of business lines served, including correspondent banking and foreign financial institutions
- Knowledge of and ability to identify, detect or report suspicious activities in banking and finance services.
- Worked in a data entry operations
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering data utilizing 3rd party tools such as Dun Bradstreet, LexisNexis, government registries, etc.
- Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and source information.
- Excellent attention to detail, organized approach and strong problem solving/facilitation abilities
- Mature approach with excellent influential communication (verbal/written) skills
- Strong time management,, work organization and multi-tasking skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management controls while maintaining 100% dedication, excellent attitude and flexibility
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.