Please read before you apply】
Currently, we are looking for the candidate who can start this program from April.
KPMG Ignition Tokyo (KIT) collaborates with KPMG Global and KPMG Japan member firms to create a common platform and solutions to support the digital transformation of client companies.
At KPMG Ignition Tokyo (KIT), not only experts in advanced technologies such as cloud, AI, blockchain, and IoT, but also experts in various digital fields such as data science, data visualization, cloud architecture, and system security gather from all over Japan/world.
As a ” technological ” hub for KPMG Japan, we are developing digital platform technology that can be shared with KPMG Japan’s audit, tax, advisory and other service operations, as well as supporting the digital transformation of KPMG Japan and our client companies.
KPMG Japan is a collective term for KPMG International’s member firms in Japan, with approximately 9,000 employees in eight professional firms covering the three areas of auditing, taxation and advisory.
KPMG firms operate in 145 countries and territories with more than 236,000 partners and employees working in member firms around the world.
As part of the Technology Platform division, you will join a team of diverse, driven, and experienced data analysts, solution engineers, cloud architects, product managers and more. At the core of our values lies cooperation and collaboration and the strong belief that everyone shares equal stake and ownership of our platform and its success.
We develop our offerings with an agile mindset – business, tech and data science working hand in hand to create products that will make us the indispensable technology and innovation partner for our clients.
【Roles and Responsibilities】
As a business analyst in the Tech Platform team, you will be directly involved in shaping the vision of our platform offerings, supporting the alignment of project activities across all of KPMG Ignition Tokyo, as well as communicating with our internal and external stakeholders. Your ability to merge business needs with technological capabilities will be an invaluable cornerstone in our team’s everyday work.
The business analyst is responsible for meeting with internal clients to outline business problems, identify requirements, and work with a development team to recommend and document technology solutions to address the business needs.
– Understand client’s business goals, current business flow and issues, then describe and illustrate them clearly in Epics, Features, and User Stories
– Perform gap analysis to determine system configuration and development changes
– Create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional design documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation
– Describe requirements for dev members to implement, & report the progress to the client regularly
– Work with the business and development team to design and implement system modifications
– Work and communicate as key member of cross-functional Scrum team
– Work with KPMG partners, KIT developers and support to research, document and resolve issues
– Validate new features from the user’s point of view, provide feedback to dev members
– Create project deck for clients and stakeholders, perform product demo and support deployment
– Manage and coordinate the documentation of solution development projects and conduct necessary research work to come up with new solutions
– Consult cross-functional teams/clients on business & solution development related issues
– Support in the creation of project and product management documents, such as budget reports, financial cost analysis, project deliverable outlines etc. that will be reviewed by KIT management
We are not looking for somebody who covers all areas of the Business Analyst Venn diagram. Our project is challenging – so it’s quite likely you will need to leave your comfort zone to deliver compelling solutions. We encourage creativity in thinking and flexibility to think out-of-the-box in solving business problems.
You differentiate yourself through sound analytical skills, an ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly and a high degree of independence. Using your initiative, you creatively find solutions to complex new problems. You also enjoy working as part of a team. We are looking for someone with the right background and attitude so that we can grow together, including:
– Degree / study programme in business / product management or related field
– Minor or previous, demonstrated experience in Computer Science or Software Development
– Strong organizational skills and the ability to structure complex workloads into traceable tasks
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated, organized team player
– Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate across teams
– KPMG Ignition Tokyo is a highly culturally diverse dynamic environment – a strong desire to work in such an environment is important to us
– Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business stakeholders and drive consensus
– Strong written and verbal communications skills to support business writing, professional correspondence, and meeting facilitation with diverse group of clients
– Experience working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
– Knowledge of software development lifecycles including Agile development and testing
– Basic knowledge of Cloud computing environments and tooling (especially Azure)
– Knowledge of a BI tool (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) would be a plus
– Knowledge of No-code / Low-code tools (e.g. Alteryx) would be a plus
– Interpersonal, managerial, and presentation skills or wish to develop those
– Understanding of database concepts like DBMS, ETL and SQL
– First knowledge or experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps would be a plus
– Experience working in Scrum framework
– Business or higher level of English communication skills
(Equivalent to TOEIC 850/TOEFL iBT 80 or above.)
– Japanese N2 and above level will be beneficial
Details to be discussed at the final stage.
Undergrads: 2,300 JPY/hour
Grads: 2,800 JPY/hour
Commute allowance, Health Insurance, Worker’s accident insurance etc.
Paid leave and Refresh leave
2days off (Sat, Sun)/Week,
National Holidays, Year-end, New Year, Special Vacation