Shell Street Labs provides software and data solutions to an array of problems that arise in complex trading strategies. Its scientists use advanced methods in Artificial Intelligence and mathematics applied to Big Data. We are looking for exceptionally talented scientists with academic and/or professional backgrounds in mathematics, computer science, physics or engineering.
A Shell Street Labs Junior Scientist will engage in Quantitative Analysis and Artificial Intelligence research linked to Credit/ FX/FI volatility/ Equity/ Rates and Fixed Income Financial Markets. Firstly, expected to assist in building out foundation quantitative tools for Fixed Income Relative Value and FX Volatility Trading. Secondly, perform financial market prediction research on relative value portfolios of bonds, swaps, and options using advanced Machine Learning and statistical methods. Thirdly, engage in AI research and development of self-learning algorithms linked to the trading of complex financial instruments. The Scientist will be working with large data sets, distributed computing, and software development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in developing foundation quantitative tools linked to curve constructions, relative value indicators, FI/ Credit/ Equity/ derivative analytics as the case may be, and back-testing methods.
- Perform prediction research on financial data using advanced Machine Learning and Statistical Methods.
- Perform AI research linked to training computers to take actions in a highly unpredictable, non-stationary environment. The types of algorithms we are interested in developing are “self-learning” in nature in the spirit of AlphaGo Zero.
- Assist in various logistical tasks such as data acquisition/warehousing/cleaning and configuring High-Performance Computer clusters.
- Work with our client’s IT department in implementing integrated AI-based solutions.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in a technical field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering.
- High expertise in Python and either C#, Java, or C++.
- Ideally academic, professional, or extra-curricular experience in methods in Artificial Intelligence.
- Demonstrable expertise in working with large datasets.
- Knowledge of equity and credit markets, credit trading, corporate bonds, and/or credit derivatives.
- Highly Motivated, pro-active self-starter
- General technical Problem-solving expertise
- Strong passion for Artificial Intelligence
- Team player, collaborator
- Full medical benefits for employee and family
- Life and Business Travel Insurance
- 20 days earned leave
- Refund of Rent arrangement to reduce the tax liability of employees
- Opportunity for year-end performance-based Bonus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners.
The incumbent is not expected to undertake business travel, other than an occasional conference.
Please note this job description is indicative in nature. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.