Mellon is a global multi-specialist manager dedicated to serving our clients with a full spectrum of single and multi-asset investment strategies and solutions. With roots dating back to 1933, Mellon has been innovating across asset classes for generations and has the combined scale and capabilities to offer clients a broad range of solutions. From asset class expertise to broad market exposures, clients drive what we do. We are holistic in approach, client driven and committed to investment excellence. We aim to be a key partner for our clients by delivering customized investment outcomes and best-in-class service.
Mellon is seeking a Junior Quantitative Research Analyst. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to research effort to produce strong investment management performance across the Multi Asset strategies.
- Generate and evaluate investment ideas for forecasting risk and return characteristics of assets.
- Rigorously formulate and test fundamental hypotheses against empirical data.
- Review, evaluate, and modify current academic and industry research for use in our investment models.
- Communicate with other researchers, portfolio management, and trading desk to enhance research and portfolio management process.
- Support senior individuals with client and marketing requests.
- Work with moderate direction from Senior Research Analyst.
Qualifications – External
- Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 3 to 6 years of investment experience preferred. Strong financial acumen and financial modeling skills ‘
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred. (MFE, MBA, Master’s/PhD in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, or similar field)
- 1 to 3 years of investment experience preferred.
- Quantitative skills, including formal training in econometrics or statistics.
- Strong programming skills preferred and an active interest in the application of computer technology to financial research and portfolio management.
- Matlab, R and/or Python. Familiarity with SQL and noSQL desirable.
- Must be able to work independently, have a strong sense of fundamental financial drivers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.