Title: Junior Investment Analyst (multiple positions)
NYSIF Investment Department
Salary: M-1 ($82,383 to $104,135) plus Generous Fringe Benefits
In February 2022, the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was listed as the 37th Best Midsize Employer in America by Forbes. NYSIF is hiring Junior Investment Analysts to assist with all aspects of the agency’s Investment operations including the four (4) core investment areas: Risk Analysis; Trading; Portfolio Management; and Credit Analysis. These positions will report to Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and/or designated Investment management staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with quantitative, qualitative, and administrative aspects of managing NYSIF’s portfolios.
• Collaborating with Investment Department colleagues on daily activities and special projects.
• Assisting with the development of regular and ad-hoc reporting for senior management and staff.
• Interfacing with other internal NYSIF Departments, including administration, finance, compliance, and cash management.
• Performing analysis on Bloomberg and other market related systems.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University, with a preferred focus on economics, finance, accounting, or related field.
• Experience with financial analysis, customer service, and project delivery.
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong ability for effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills, with background in governmental administration and policies.
• Competitive Total Compensation Package
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Plentiful Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Primary Location: NYC
Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM