Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, and Yummly. In 2021, the company reported approximately $22 billion in annual sales, 69,000 employees and 54 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and the Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
This role in summary
Today, you might be performing detailed industry and supplier analytics. Tomorrow, you might be identifying cost and quality opportunities that leverage Whirlpool’s global scale. Depending on the project, you will perform as both a team member or initiative leader to implement these projects. You can count on the fact that your work will support major business decisions with the potential for exposure at the highest leadership levels.
Your responsibilities will include
• Lead and support disciplined sourcing methods within Global Strategic Sourcing – supply base management, contract negotiations, supplier issue resolution, cost reduction project management, purchase order creation, and management. This will include global projects and/or global exposure.
• Identify, negotiate, and recommend sourcing of assigned components, materials, or services; as well as, manage price and contract terms and conditions over their lifecycle.
• Total cost analytics on certain assigned sub commodities or services to achieve the best cost, quality, and delivery.
• Drive and deliver strategic objectives through strengthening partnerships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
• Quickly and effectively respond and resolve day-to-date operational supply base challenges; developing procurement and leadership skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1+ months of experience (inclusive of academic, internship, or coop) in one or more of the following: Supply Chain Management, including Procurement, Logistics, or Materials Planning
Preferred skills and experiences
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
• Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and influential skills to engage and build rapport with business partners
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Negotiation skills and conflict resolution
• Interpret and manipulate data with strong analytical skills
• Successfully project manage in adherence to objectives and milestones
• Ability to manage, prioritize, and execute multiple key activities
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.