The Los Angeles Dodgers currently have a job opportunity for a Junior Analyst, Baseball Operations. Following you will find a brief description of the position and application process. For additional information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (323) 224-1547.
Title: Junior Analyst, Baseball Operations
Department: Baseball Operations
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Baseball Operations
Posting date: September 29, 2021
Deadline: October 9, 2021
The Baseball Operations team of the Los Angeles Dodgers is responsible for supporting the Major League Coaching Staff and Baseball Operations leadership group with data and information needed for strategic decision making. As a Junior Analyst, you will work with other members of the Baseball Operations team to build reports and visualizations to communicate insights clearly and concisely to stakeholders. This position offers the opportunity to push the boundaries of conventional thinking, grow analytically by solving challenging problems, and collaborate with some of the best baseball minds in the sport. As a member of the Baseball Operations team, you will see your work impact the Major League team on a nightly basis.
• Develop and deliver reports to the Major League Coaching Staff and Baseball Operations leadership group in a timely manner
• Build new tools and improve existing ones, to optimize workflows and quality of information
• Perform ad-hoc research as requested, summarizing key findings
• Utilize statistical tools and metrics to analyze the Dodgers and upcoming opponents
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Experience using R to wrangle and visualize data
• Familiarity with SQL and Git
• Knowledge of sabermetric research and principles
• Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field preferred
• Passion for a field outside of analytics that could be applicable to baseball (web or app development, design, or physics, to name a few) preferred
Current Los Angeles Dodgers employees should apply via the internal job board in UltiPro by following these prompts:
MENU > MYSELF > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES > click on the job link > CONSENT > APPLY NOW for consideration. All other qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online at www.dodgers.com under Job Opportunities.