Our client, one of the largest foundations in the United States with a portfolio of 4B+, has an urgent need for an:
Jr. Investment Analyst
New York, NY – Onsite 3 days/ Remote 2 days
Full Time – direct placement
Reporting to the Managing Director of Investments, the Investment Analyst works closely with various members of the Foundation’s Investment team in a generalist role. The Investment team currently consists of nine professionals under the direction of Chief Investment Officer. The Investment team is responsible for managing the Foundation’s $4.2 billion global portfolio and seeks to partner with the best fund managers across asset classes. This is a fulltime position and works in the Foundation’s headquarters in New York City.
- Prepare analysis on the performance and exposures of both individual managers’ portfolios and the endowment portfolio overall
- Support the team in sourcing, screening, and analyzing prospective investment managers
- Conduct thorough due diligence on the most compelling prospective opportunities, including analysis of investment strategy, process, organization, portfolio positions, and performance
- Research topics of discussion on an ad hoc basis
- Contribute to a culture of intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and innovation
- Maintain the team’s reputation for professional excellence and credibility both inside the foundation and throughout the investment management community
- The successful candidate must have strong quantitative analytical skills, interest in investing, and a demonstrated track record of academic and professional success.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, business analytics or business administration
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience (job, coop, internships)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to travel occasionally within the United States and overseas
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to set goals, prioritize tasks, and manage simultaneous projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written
- Track record of collaboration, working on a small team
- Highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, honesty, and personal responsibility
- Enthusiasm for being part of the foundation and contributing to its mission
Nice to have skillsets:
- Quant / modeling / data science skills – R, Python, etc.
Exceptional Salary and Benefits:
- A compensation package that includes salary commensurate with experience
- Health care and dental insurance—100% covered for the employee!
- Retirement plan with up to 12% employer contribution
- Employer-paid group life insurance
- 24-weeks of paid parental leave following the birth, adoption, or placement of a child
- Optional flexible spending plans for healthcare, parking, transit, dependent care
- Corporate discount
- Personal time off (PTO) initial allotment of minimum of four weeks of vacation, all Federal holidays, plus another two+ weeks of PTO for sick or personal use