View job on Handshake
Title: Jr. Database Administrator
Location: Dublin, CA
Date: May 20, 2022
iTradeNetwork empowers everyone in the food and beverage supply chain to adapt to ever-changing conditions, do what they do best, and win. We strive to keep our customers, and our team members, always growing. To help us fulfill our mission, we are looking for a Junior Database Administrator who has just graduated or is graduating from college with a Computer Science Major. The ideal candidate will be provided with on-the-job training in managing Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL and MongoDB databases and related tools. To ensure success in this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and be willing to learn and grow.
● Provide detailed monitoring of Oracle, SQL Server and other server platforms
● Database and Operation System troubleshooting and problem resolution to environments including, but not limited to, Oracle, SQL Server
● Collaborates with technical teams (DB, Network, Application Development) to analyze system level impacts, provide consultation, and recommend approaches for production readiness.
● Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
● Provides infrastructure support and triage for mission-critical enterprise applications. Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and create Root Cause Analysis documentation
● Follow internal and customers’ standard operating procedures
● Provide 24×7 on-call support for high severity issues on a rotating basis
● Support monthly production releases
● Off-hours assistance with application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
● Effectively communicate with users using both written and verbal communications
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
● College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely-related field
● No prior experience is required. Recent college graduates are welcome.
● Selected candidates will be trained on the job by senior database engineers.
● Prior exposure to SQL and Database is a plus.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Excellent team player
● Excellent communication skills
iTradeNetwork, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability