View job on Handshake
ELLKAY, the “Healthcare Data Plumbers”
ELLKAY is a nationwide leader in health care data interoperability delivering innovative solutions that support the data migration needs of all members of the healthcare ecosystem. ELLKAY is playing a vital role in helping healthcare organizations access and share data among disparate systems. We are recognized by our e-health industry partners, independent medical group practices, hospitals and health systems, laboratories, and payers as the “Healthcare Data Plumbers” that make data migration and interoperability possible.
Our ‘Client-first’ focus has made ELLKAY one of the most respected healthcare IT companies in the nation. We value our clients and believe that strong relationships are the foundation for a strong company, and we’re dedicated to providing connectivity to the healthcare industry.
Company Culture: We deal with medical data and we take our work very seriously, but not ourselves. If you’re a smart, hard-working, dedicated individual who thrives in a laidback, friendly work environment, ELLKAY may be the place for you. We’re committed to attracting good people who are passionate about the work they do.
ELLKAY was founded over a decade ago on the values of innovation, efficiency, and service created in a collaborative work culture. As we have grown, we are proud to still possess the same energy and passion for what we do. We strive to provide exceptional customer experiences to our clients, which begins with first employing amazing people. ELLKAY is proud to maintain a high-quality, innovative, and diverse workforce.
Mid-level IT Database Administrator (SQL DBA) who is highly motivated, responsible and a detail-oriented team player. They will have the opportunity to learn the process of developing software solutions based on client requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Participate in the analysis and composition of requirements
- Review code, write documentation and follow test procedures
- Ensure that database servers back up is as per the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Conduct test backups to verify that business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) are met
- Be available to troubleshoot SQL Server service outages even after- hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to reduce the number of false alarms
- Take decisions on technologies (clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure etc.) to be used for incorporating new systems
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deployment of database change scripts from third party vendors
- Analyze performance issues to determine best solutions to increase performance (i.e. hardware purchases, server configuration changes or index/query changes)
- Documentation of company’s database environment
- Extensive understanding of science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, operating systems, database systems, object-oriented systems & design
- Possesses a strong mathematical and statistical background, including the ability to create predictive models and correlations
- Highly adept in verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of modern software development methodologies (Object Oriented)
- Understanding of software frameworks such as .NET would also be an advantage
- Comfortable with relational data modeling and database system (RDBMS) design
- Basic understanding of database administration and experience with modern databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Understating and experience with Azure Standard Database and Elastic Database
- Should be process and detail oriented
ELLKAY offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that starts day one!
- A Competitive salary
- 401k w/ matching – once eligibility is met
- Work/life balance
- Paid Volunteer Program
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible time off starting in 2022
- Remote work options
- Employee Discounts
Our awesome culture includes:
- Working with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do
- Professional growth within
- Innovation environment
- On site in HQ Free daily lunches
This is a full-time position at our HQ located in Elmwood Park, NJ. Remote work may be available within the US.
For more information on our company, visit www.ELLKAY.com.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
ELLKAY LLC is a Smoke-Free Workplace.