View job on Handshake
Headquartered in San Diego, Mulligan Funding serves as a leading provider of working capital ($5K – $1.5M) to the small and medium-sized businesses that fuel our country. Since 2008, we have prided ourselves on our collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused approach. Enjoying a period of unprecedented growth, driven by the combination of cutting-edge technology, human touch, and unwavering integrity, we are looking to add to our people-first culture, with highly motivated and results-oriented professionals, to push the limits of what’s possible while creating value for all of our partners.
We are seeking a Junior Data Analyst to join our Analytics team and work closely with our Marketing group to improve data flow and create sophisticated reporting to optimize and help grow our marketing practice. If you have exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, creativity, drive, a desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and to make a direct impact on the success of the business, this may be the opportunity for you.
The Jr. Data Analyst position requires someone who is deeply curious, motivated, and innovative. Strong attention to detail including precise and effective communication is crucial in this role. One must have a strong ability to thrive, learn and rapidly grow both individually and in a team dynamic.
Please note that this role is a hybrid role out of our office in San Diego, CA.
- Provide analytic support and strategic thought partnership to the Marketing team, in collaboration with the Analytics and Technology teams.
- Assemble, process, and analyze marketing performance data and provide intelligent synthesis, interpretation and action plans based on conclusions. Deliver key insights regarding the market, trends, potential and existing customer segments, and current campaigns with interpretation and recommendation.
- Build and automate marketing data reports for use by the Marketing team and company management. Deliver key insights from data analysis in the form of presentation materials.
- Own the accuracy, precision and publication of regular reports.
- Partner with the Marketing team to contribute to the execution of various campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop new and better analytics approaches to solve problems in a creative way.
- Support the development and maintenance of marketing models in collaboration with the marketing data scientist.
- B.A. or B.S. in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science or similar quantitative field.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Course work and project experience in data analytics.
- Some programming experience, e.g. in Python or another language.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Independence in problem solving .
- Strong attention to detail, ability to spot and fix problems, and organization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with a core team.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You may also have:
- Hands-on experience working in Python in a business setting; working knowledge of SQL.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools, such as PowerBI or Tableau.
- Some work or internship experience in a relevant field.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Great Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits.
- Health Savings Account.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Fantastic 401K with matching contribution.
- Sick, Vacation, and Holidays.
- Gym membership contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – mental health support.
- Online commuter benefits.
- Internal Referral Program.
- Fun team and company events.
- Start-up culture, within an established business with 13 years of experience.
- Great central location in San Diego – easy access from the highway.
Mulligan Funding is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and takes great pride in building a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.