Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ Global Supply Chain Organization is searching for an intern to join our team! Intern will work in the Global Supply Chain group supporting Commodity Business Managers. Commodity Business Managers are responsible for supplier selection, supplier management, commercial negotiations, and creating commodity strategies. The position will entail the following:
- completing supplier request for quotations (RFQ’s),
- working with supply chain to evaluate and develop analytics and metrics on various suppliers
- preparing supplier profiles for presenting to management,
- performing part analytics to ensure parts are assigned to the proper commodity family to ensure reports (example: supplier / commodity spend) will be accurate,
- interacting with Suppliers on cost reduction opportunities,
- supporting Commodity Business Managers in various tasks including meeting & presentation preparation, supplier management, quarterly business reviews, supplier capacity reviews…
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Operations Management or a related field
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Excellent analytics skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal & written
- Fast learner willing to ask questions
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.