At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team, you’ll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, to develop rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world’s most complex health challenges.
The Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Team in Cepheid is responsible for the support, deployment, and implementation of MES within the company across our global sites. Within the MES Team, there are teams dedicated for technical development of the application, modeling of processes and flows, and end-user support for MES. This position will give candidates the ability to gain hands-on experience with multiple facets of MES.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to analyze, understand, and break down complex processes and issues.
- Good communication skills.
- Analyze and understand business needs from an end-to-end perspective, taking into account other projects.
- Gather functional and technical requirements from team members and end users.
- Be a key member of MES projects.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical program such as Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
Knowledge and skills:
- Microsoft Office and Windows
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Apple iOS, and Microsoft Windows troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Must be able to stand for several hours.
- Must be able to see manufacturing processes up close: ability to be on the shop floor and in cleanrooms.
- Must work well under pressure, with ambiguity and with minimal guidance.
- Must be accurate and have strong attention to details, but also be able to see the big picture.
- Quick learner, self-starter, able to drive tasks and issues to resolutions.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL.
- Familiarity and experience with C# .NET.
- Manufacturing Execution System experience such as Camstar.
- Experience with ERP.
- Working knowledge of Agile PLM or other PLM systems.
- Experience working in a medical device manufacturing company.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In addition to Danaher’s unrivaled leadership training and professional development programs, this relationship also provides expanded career opportunities across industries and brands. Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life’s Potential.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against COVID–19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.