This position is eligible for full-time telework under Government Code 14200 for eligible applicants residing in California.
Under general direction of the IT Supervisor II, the Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I) provides services which encompass the IT domain of Business Technology Management. The incumbent serves as a business analyst and directs business analysis activities; assisting in the design of system components (e.g., modules, screens/forms, reports, etc.); and assisting in system and user acceptance testing in support of enterprise initiatives and projects.
- Assists in identifying, evaluating, and developing technical solutions to ensure long-term business and technology strategies are met.
- Facilitate meetings and working sessions to assist in gathering business requirements and defining technical constraints.
- Lead customers and the development/technical team to elicit and develop requirements/user stories and process workflows.
- Perform process identification, process analysis, business process modelling, and process improvement.
- Conducts legislative impact analyses; assess current systems and processes; develops and validates business requirements and business rules, detailed system design documentation, and other requirements involving complex analytics.
- Collaborate with customers to draft business requirements, identify appropriate decision makers, obtain written approvals, apply industry standardized project management processes, provide timely and accurate management updates regarding projects and assignments, facilitate meetings, document outcomes, and provide clear and concise communication to all stakeholders using agenda, minutes, and documentation.
- Conducts independent review of project and scrum deliverables to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Develops and writes concise and accurate IT Statements of Work.
- Assist in writing and developing concise and accurate IT Statements of Work specifically to define deliverables and products and to specify level of quality and service to ensure successful outcomes.
- Plans, elicits, documents, organizes, verifies, and validates the most complex business or solution requirements. Provides both customers and development/technical team with a clear and complete picture of what is required for any development projects. Ensures requirements are clearly written and testable.
- Provides management with various reports regarding business analysis workload and requirements development progress. Creates and presents document to management with respect to policies, processes, procedures, and standards and industry best practices. Keeps management informed of progress on complex business analysis activities.