This position is eligible for full-time telework under Government Code 14200 for eligible applicants residing in California.
Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer, the Information Technology Manager I (ITM I), EAIS Section Chief, has full management responsibility for the EAIS Section and provides overall direction in planning, organizing, and leading the EAIS Section. The ITM I is responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and operations of the enterprise Information Technology (IT) applications, public-facing websites and web applications, and business intelligence and analytics applications that support Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD). The incumbent will research emerging technologies to develop new solutions, standards, and methods to support HCD’s business needs and manage the EAIS activities on new IT projects with focus on improving services to customers using the power of technology. This position will provide services from IT domains of Business Technology Management, IT Project Management and Software Engineering.
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people in the performance of their work to improve the work environment, the quality of work, and increase productivity
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the activities of information technology staff
- Experience working with executive-level stakeholders and achieving stakeholder buy-in for the proposed IT solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, independence of action, and originality
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Applied knowledge of software development life cycles such as Agile
- Hands-on, technical subject matter expert with the ability to propose, present and influence application architectural design ideas to executives and technical management
- Senior level knowledge in developing reports and analytics using tools like PowerBI
- Senior level knowledge of web and enterprise application development technologies such as Java EE, PHP, React and Node.js, and Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Senior level knowledge of one or more database management systems like MySQL and Oracle, SQL, and data modeling
- Applied knowledge of one or more cloud-based Low-Code Application Platforms like PowerApps and ServiceNow
- Experience working with infrastructure and information security staff to implement secure, reliable, and scalable applications