This position is eligible for full-time telework under Government Code 14200 for eligible applicants residing in California.
Under the direction of the IT Manager I, the Information Technology Specialist I is responsible for software engineering with an emphasis on enterprise business intelligence architecture and interdisciplinary coordination. Serves as Business Intelligence (BI) Infrastructure Specialist, leads BI development efforts and is a key member of project teams to implement the design, development, maintenance, and operations of BI systems.
- Knowledge in database architecture, data warehousing, and the ability to query, join, and transform data from multiple sources.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing data warehouse solutions.
- Experience performing business analysis in a lead capacity on highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services
- Knowledge of ETL methodologies, standards and tools
- Experience using data warehouse platforms
- Knowledge of database principles and best practices in support of enterprise applications, software/system delivery methodologies for IT projects.
- Ability to design, develop, test, and implement programs using relational database programming languages
- Knowledge of deploying and managing databases
- Knowledge of analytics software, statistical analysis methods, and processes.
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects
- Demonstrated experience in the field of data analytics and translating data into decision-ready insights.
- Experience in data modeling, data profiling, data quality, data governance, and data security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and Tableau business intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential along with strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with client staff and project consultants, private contractors, employees, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally to exchange and/or provide information to management, staff, customers, and others.
- Thorough understanding of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge concepts. Certification in Business Analysis such as the Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred.
- Responsible for the architecture, development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of software systems including research, user centric design, development or configuration, programming, enterprise architecture, serviceoriented architecture, testing, review, and implementation of the business application services. Program new database applications, resolve synchronization of related database applications, identify data security requirements and access controls, research database integration development problems, and implement change requests. Assess client support requirements and work closely with other IT specialists including business analysts and portfolio resource managers to ensure users have the tools and skills necessary to fully utilize the applications and databases. Maintain the BI architecture assisting with developing metrics on performance and maintenance activities, system documentation, configuration, operations, repository, monitoring, upgrades and backup and recovery. Assist with developing plans and implementation of software system upgrades and data conversions.
- Assist with the design, development, and deployment solutions and tools from business and technical requirements using HCD BI infrastructure of systems and tools. Work closely with HCD programs to determine business information needs and analytical requirements. Assist with the evaluation of data accuracy through the ETL process and data extraction. Participate in the design, development, optimization, and documentation of the ETL process for various data types using HCD ETL toolset. Support the development of Enterprise Data Modeling. Incumbent is responsible for converting business requirements through end-user visions into effective data warehousing and business intelligence (DWBI) self-service solutions. The incumbent will assist develop future state integration vision, and enterprise information management framework that will deliver maximum business value and an enterprise scale self-service and predictive analytics platform in support of (HCD’s) strategic business objectives. Monitors and secures data following department guidelines and policies to ensure maximum protection of highly sensitive data.
- Continually collaborates and builds meaningful and effective working relationships with our business customers. Facilitates technology governance and enterprise decision-making. Utilizing strong communication skills, to work with a large user base with conflicting viewpoints on business requirements, and is responsible for discussing technical solutions to business users and outside agencies in an easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to deliver effective technology solutions to end-users. The incumbent will explore and examine data from disparate data sources to provide guidance on meaning, ways to extend and ways to apply data for analytics. Incumbent is responsible for addressing data security vulnerabilities through consultation with appropriate security experts on ways to mitigate risks and design implementation strategies to minimize disruptions while maintaining maximum protection of confidential Information for HCD.