Java Developer –Programmer Analyst
MAFPRE is the #1 Auto Insurer in MA.
We have a career opportunity for an Entry Level Java Developer.
MAPFRE is looking for a Java Developer to join the team utilizing top technologies including JAVA, Spring Boot, Microservices while working in a collaborative environment. This team’s focus is delivering high-quality applications as well as defining enterprise development practices.
Craftsmanship, pride in ownership and passion for excellence are core expectations. Usually a major in computer science, engineering or an engineering degree with programming coursework in Java and an interest in being a software developer.
• Designing, coding and unit/integration testing using MAPFRE’s methodology
• Debugging and troubleshooting code related issues/defects
• Producing deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code
• Gaining an understanding of the unique business and technical requirements on each engagement to facilitate the most appropriate solution design
• Practicing strong configuration management and version control
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Knowledge of current technologies, application software development, Agile and iterative development methodologies
• Experience with Java Development required
• Experience with Spring Boot (preferred)
• Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Flexible to new situations and challenges
MAPFRE full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes MAPFREA a great place to work.