View job on Handshake
The length of the engagement is for a summer internship (June – September 2022 – dates subject to availability). This position could potentially extend into longer-term, part-time work with a slight variation in responsibilities and duties.
The IT Vendor Management Intern supports the overall ABC Supply initiative to improve vendor management maturity and helps to enable the organization to control costs, drive service excellence, and mitigate risks to gain increased value from vendors throughout the deal life cycle. This role reports to the IT Contract and Vendor Management Lead.
The IT Vendor Management Intern works with the IT Contract and Vendor Management Lead to keep all applicable systems data up to date. This intern is also responsible for ensuring that all final, executed versions of contracts are stored properly in the record system. Finally, this role compiles information relating to vendor contracts, key dates, and vendor management activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loading documents in the contracts management system
- Clean-up of vendor records in ServiceNow
- Collecting data on key terms of various contracts
- Collect Certificates of Insurance for vendors
- Assists vendor managers in identifying key contract terms for tracking/reporting
- Special projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Potential candidates for this position are college students with established skills as paralegals or who have an interest in a profession in law or contracts management.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Professional Experience:
- Some Administrative experience
- Paralegal experience is desirable but not required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Communication – excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to Detail – diligence and conscientiousness
- Multitasking – ability to juggle projects and competing priorities
- Work ethic – honesty, punctuality, responsibility, and reliability
- Collaboration – team player, able to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization
- Proficient with Excel skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand and walk. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Normal office environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to learn and follow appropriate business and legal processes established.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.