This position is a 12-month rotational training program to learn the foundations of technology in a retail business. This program is designed to offer a broad understanding of Information Technology processes and allows the IT Development Program Trainee to learn skills and attributes needed to start their Information Technology career within Tractor Supply Company.
Participants will learn about the Tractor Supply Company’s mission, values, history, and culture; basic retail processes, and our systems, and will consist of rotational assignments between four identified technology functions. These functions include Information Security, Cloud Engineering, Enterprise PMO, & Application Development. Specific roles can range from software developer, engineer, or analyst across any technology domain. The rotation assignments will be aligned with the participant’s goals and long-term career development focus.
- Complete rotations through the Information Technology areas of the Store Support Center (SSC). Rotations Include:
- Information Security
- Cloud Engineering
- Enterprise PMO
- Application Development
- Shadow team members to understand the process flow and our business.
- Contribute to the business through guided on-the-job rotation activities.
- Participate in group and individual training sessions on a technical and soft skills such as time management, change management, strategic thinking, and personal accountability. Demonstrate learning through successful completion of program assessments.
- Apply new skills and knowledge to complete duties in the assigned department.
- Complete a team project using knowledge gained through rotations and collaboration with internal partners. Present findings to senior leadership.
- Create an individual development plan with assistance from Program Mentor.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Previous work and/or internship experience working in Information Technology
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of tools
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Information Technology, Business, or Analytics. Internal candidates with equivalent experience will be considered.
Other knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and personal drive.
- Proven team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Skilled verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Detail orientation and ability to be highly organized in managing work