View job on Handshake
Retail Business Services, ranked No. 25 on Fast Company’s 2022 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five omnichannel grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
The Office of the CIO function within RBS IT houses several enabling cross functional capabilities leveraged by the broader IT organization including Strategy, Governance, Planning, Transformation Management, Portfolio Management, Project Management and Vendor Management. The Financial Analysis and Reporting Analyst Co-op role will support the Director of Portfolio Budgets on various financial projects including the documenting of financial guidelines, business case creation, and the creation of training materials and videos.
Co-op Program Dates:
January 17th – June 9th
Audit current financial processes to determine gaps in documentation, communication strategy, and processes.
- Partner with key financial process stakeholders to develop process improvements.
- Partner with FP&A to identify and document key SAP challenges related to the FIT cutover.
- Evaluate Accrual process and ensure current documentation supports today’s processes.
- Maintain and report out on overall initiatives roadmap.
- Track various initiatives status, associated financials and work with other PMO teams for periodic updates.
- Support creation of various leadership meeting materials as required.
- Data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), standards, and regulations
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Power BI
- Analyze large sets of data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of tasks, and change
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Oral and/or written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strategic planning
- Highly organized
Must be enrolled in a BS/BA, MS, or PhD program or a recent graduate in related field