Become part of the startup of a dynamic team that is leading NXP on a digital transformation journey. Your role is to be an ambassador for the Agile and DevOps way of working within our global NXP organization. There is a lot of room for new ideas and innovations and you will be supported to have a continuous focus on development, coaching and creating a supportive environment for your team.
As R&D IT SES Data Engineer you focus on providing our SW Engineering community with the technology and support needed to accelerate their Analytics maturity. By bringing data together and putting the proper tools in place for its analysis, the R&D SW Teams can find opportunities to optimize the execution of their products design.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver who enjoys understanding in depth business challenges and defining and implementing innovative solutions. This team is new and growing, and they would be comfortable with ambiguity and self-identifying areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Help our internal customers identify and prioritize potential data & analytics use cases relevant for their business context.
- Analyze in depth R&D most promising analytics use cases to understand their context, objectives, constraints and asses their feasibility and potential value.
- Propose the right technical approach for our business partners data use cases and provide guidance which will allow them to formalize it in a technical proposal.
- Codify and improve SES methodology for managing successful data projects
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, information science, or in a related computer disciplines.
- Up to 2 years of experience in an information technology field, including Internships
- Fluent in English.
- Passion for creative problem solving, data science and culture building.
- Ability to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed.
- Engineering mindset: excellent problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking with an aptitude for learning new and rapidly evolving technologies in the advanced analytics and data science space.
- Experience with Enterprise-scale cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management.
- In-depth understanding and experience working with a variety of foundational BI analytics tools and advanced analytics technologies (Dataiku, Azure, AWS, SQL/NoSQLdatabases, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure DevOps, Azure Resource Manager, Python, R, Bash, Gitlab, Terraform, etc) and experience working with a variety of APIs and web services.
- Strong working proficiency with Unix-based operating systems (i.e., command line interface, SSH, networking, resource utilization, etc).
This position is available as of June 2022.