Be a part of our mission to protect human health and the quality of Idaho’s air, land, and water!
The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is hiring an IT database analyst for our State Office in Boise. This position is responsible for managing DEQ’s data systems, providing database support to staff, and implementing database design standards.
*If you previously applied for this position you do not need to reapply.
$27.00 – $33.40 Hourly
$56,160.00 – $69,472.00 Annually
Example of Duties:
- Manage, maintain, and recover DEQ’s enterprise data systems, including systems integration, SQL servers, and related equipment.
- Provide database support to program and development staff as required.
- Integrate enterprise data systems, manage systems, and implement database design and industry best-practices,
- Advise software development discipline lead on enterprise data systems at DEQ.
Experience installing, administering and monitoring production databases and database servers; monitoring and tuning the performance of databases, queries and indexes; developing procedures and controls to ensure database security, integrity and availability; resolving complex database problems; training and mentoring staff throughout the organization on the effective and secure use of data; database resource planning.
- Flexible work schedule available to some positions for increased work-life balance.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness – eligibility requirements may apply.
- Accrue paid vacation every pay period to accumulate approximately 2 weeks the first year, and increasing with state longevity
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sick leave separate from vacation leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Account https://ogi.idaho.gov/premium-rates/
- Relocation Assistance available to some positions
- Defined benefits retirement plan (pension) through the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) https://persi.idaho.gov/members/base_plan.cfm
- Optional 401K and Deferred Compensation plans with traditional and Roth options
- Eligible for Employee Assistance Program – Confidential support, information and resources for all of life’s challenges.
- Ability to sit and work on a computer for 2-4 hours at a time
- Some periods of heavy reading and typing required
- Some travel may be required
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
The Department of Environmental Quality may conduct verification of the information provided in your application, including validation of driver’s license status, education, employment, and criminal history. Omission and/or falsification of information provided in your application will result in your removal from consideration for employment, appointment, or promotion.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To protect human health
and the quality of
Idaho’s air, land, and water.
If you have questions, please contact us at: