Sentry Insurance is seeking an IT Business Analyst/Software Product Analyst to join our IT team. As an IT Business Analyst/Software Product Analyst, you will become an expert of our customers and systems and provide input into the product vision and technical solutions to move our products and technology forward.
This position will be located at our Stevens Point, WI headquarters.
What You’ll Do
Our strategic IT Business Analyst/Software Product Analysts at Sentry are essential to our success of continuing to be innovative and competitive. As an Analyst you’ll:
- Become an expert of our customer and systems. Lead conversation to drive solutions that meet the customer’s needs, utilizes IT resources effectively, and delivers the right solution at the right time.
- Participate in discussions and interact with business users and customers to fully understand their business processes and work environment. Observe how they use software systems to do their job, and brainstorm ways to help them be more efficient and effective.
- Learn to create comprehensive test cases to validate new system features. Work closely with engineering to ensure the system works and performs as intended. Work to anticipate users’ actions to find hidden system defects.
- Gain a full understanding of how we develop software and provide ideas and perspective on how we could do it better. Develop a technical understanding. Be able to explain the technical building blocks and how information flows within our systems to users of the applications.
- Learn to manage the delivery of business value by owning the team backlog, establishing user story acceptance criteria and leading storying refinement for preparation of planning ceremonies. Accountable for determining whether iteration deliverable have met the definition of done or requires additional work.
What it Takes
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Degree in Management Information Systems or related field is a plus.
- Related work experience.
- Possess and leverages analytical and critical thinking skills to enhance processes and improve service levels.
- Communications skills, human relations skills and organizational skills.
- Insurance background desired.
- Sentry will not sponsor employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, and H-1 Visas.
What You’ll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sentry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.