View job on Handshake
Eversource is seeking an entry-level Business Solutions Analyst to help drive technology innovation through business and IT automation, a key component of our digital transformation journey. Capabilities like RPA, Machine Learning, process mining, and virtual agents are critical to driving productivity gains within the business and IT support teams. You will work with IT and Business clients to develop requirements for Robotic Process Automations, or “bots”.
The BSA serves as a liaison between business and IT and has a detailed understanding of the client’s goals and objectives. This position is responsible for collecting, clarifying, and translating business requirements into functional and technical requirements and then collaborating on conceptual solution design options with IT technical staff. As a member of the team, you will also help develop the Automation organization, operating model, and key processes, partnering with internal IT and vendors to drive solutions and the adoption of new technologies.
Additionally, you will collaborate with the rest of the Enterprise Application Services team on various initiatives. The EAS team is responsible for application portfolio and risk management, enterprise monitoring, and automation. You will support the adoption of new technologies, automation, and analytics to transform the way Eversource works. We are driving a business-focused, value-driven culture of continuous innovation.
The IT Associate Business Solutions Analyst will report to the Manager of Enterprise Application Services. You will work closely with the IT Product Lines, Infrastructure, and Security, as well as our business partners. This is a new and fast-growing area at Eversource. Good-fit candidates have these traits:
• Change agent and collaborator with a keen interest in process innovation and working across functions to reengineer our IT and business client operations
• Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
• Agile mindset, value-focused – do what works, try new things, fail and try again, stop doing things that don’t work
• Quick learner and a lifelong learner who enjoys sharing and enabling other through coaching and mentorship
• Intellectually curious – thoughtful and inquisitive, open-minded and creative, people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Leads and facilitates meetings and communications between IT and other IT application product line teams or business teams
- Leads workflow analysis in support of requirements identification
- Evaluates business processes, anticipates requirements, uncovers areas for improvement, and facilitates solution development to ensure solutions meet client needs
- Captures, analyzes, and documents business and user requirements and user stories
- Develops an understanding of current business and IT processes
- Works with the clients to assess proposed work to ensure value delivered supports the business case
- Monitors industry activities and pursues independent learning opportunities
- Participate in the development of user documentation and manuals, training materials and/or job aids
- Participate in the development of other documentation and materials as needed, such as capital project approvals, RFP/RFI, etc.
- Keen interest in digital process innovation and working across functions to reengineer and automate our IT and business client operations.
- Enjoys the challenge of exploring new processes
- Ability to coordinate with all levels of the organization to design and deliver technical solutions to business problems
- Demonstrates thought leadership and strategic thinking
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology-related area
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience in the field of information technology
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Certification in Business Analysis, Process Engineering, or RPA a plus
- Knowledge and previous experience desired but not required in:
- Agile methodology and associated tools such as Jira or VSTS
- Scripting languages, primarily Python
- Knowledge of utility industry not required