We are seeking a Junior-Mid Level IT Analyst with strong system administration skills to be part of a dynamic team.
- Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitor and troubleshoot daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Develop and maintain operational or other procedures.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot Linux BASH scripts is required
- Linux RPM/YUM processes – building new packages, maintaining/updating existing packages and managing software distribution repositories
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Cisco Switches, Kemp Load Balancers and FortiGate Firewalls
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Server maintenance and troubleshooting as required.
- Customer facing support will be required. Candidate should have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field
- 2+ years of experience with the following:Linux – Red Hat and CentOS required
- VMWare & Nutanix a plus
- Switches, routers and/or firewalls
- Windows Server Administration (Active Directory) as plus
- Enterprise storage (NetApp and Nimble a plus)
- Red Hat, Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications a plus
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills
- Able to work independently and productively under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
US Citizenship or Authorization to work in US required
Travel: < 10% (CONUS)
Centurion Consulting Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V