Investment Analyst Summer Intern
Intern locations: New York City, Chicago, Irvine, CA
Link Logistics Real Estate (“Link”) owns and operates the largest U.S.-only portfolio of logistics real estate, leasing warehouse space to everyone from e-commerce giants to mom-and-pop shops. Established by Blackstone in 2019, we combine scale, cutting-edge technology and logistics expertise to help our customers grow their businesses. Our portfolio includes more than 500 million square feet in dynamic markets nationwide. About 5 percent of U.S. GDP—translating to some $1 trillion every year—flows through the space Link customers occupy in our facilities.
Because we believe that good business must be synonymous with doing good, strong environmental, social and governance practices are foundational to our identity as a firm. These practices include setting ambitious goals to combat climate change, partnering with local nonprofits, and prioritizing internal diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. We seek to use our position, ideas and influence to drive progress in our industry and the wider world.
At Link, we give our customers space to grow—and we give people space to grow, too. Our paid 10-week summer internship program helps students gain valuable experience and develop business skills while learning the basics of commercial and industrial real estate. We offer internships in 12 departments including Capital Markets, Construction, Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investments, Leasing, Property Management, Marketing and more.
Link is looking for …actively enrolled juniors (rising seniors) who would be interested in a real estate internship on our investments team this upcoming summer. Summer interns will have the opportunity to become exposed to several markets and properties across the industrial spectrum and can expect to have close interaction with a tight-knit investments team.
What You Will Bring
Provide support to full time investment analysts and associates across all aspects of the new deal underwriting, due diligence and closing processes, including reviewing iterations of purchase agreements and leases, tenant credit evaluations and financial due diligence, property tours and tenant interviews, tenant industry research and evaluation, site diligence on structural, environmental, zoning, etc. conditions
- Prepare investment models and investment committee memorandums, completing market research, creating management presentations, and maintaining real estate sale and lease comparables for selected markets
- Current junior (rising senior) undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, real estate, economics, mathematics, business, civil engineering, or related field
- Strong interest in commercial real estate asset management and investment (no formal experience required)
- Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with senior level management will be required
- Working knowledge of Argus
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Must currently be actively enrolled for consideration of internship