FocalPoint is seeking an Investment Banking Summer Analyst to join its New York office. This position is open to current Juniors.
· Work closely with senior bankers and client management teams on a variety of corporate financial advisory engagements, including mergers and acquisitions, private placements, and financial restructurings
· Draft client marketing materials, including pitches, information memoranda and management presentations
· Financial modeling and valuation analyses
· Work with management teams and buyer/seller groups to coordinate due diligence efforts
· Research industry trends, companies and investors
· Positively contribute to FocalPoint’s collegial and team-oriented culture
· Working towards a college degree with outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative capability
· Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of fundamental accounting principles
· Excellent quantitative and technical skills, including advanced Microsoft Office skill set
· Self-motivated team player with proactive work habits and a strong work ethic
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
· Client service mindset
· The ideal applicant will have strong interest in middle market investment banking
About FocalPoint and Our Analyst Program:
FocalPoint Partners, headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Chicago, New York, and Shanghai, is an independent investment bank specializing in mergers and acquisitions, private placements, financial restructurings, and special situation transactions. Since 2002, the firm has provided financial advisory services to middle market clients across a broad range of industries.
Our Analyst program is a Generalist program – Analysts can expect to work across multiple industries (Consumer, Healthcare, Technology, Industrials, Business Services) and product types (M&A, capital markets, special situations).
FocalPoint Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.