Telos Advisors is looking for full-time analysts for our 2023 analyst class.
The analyst position offers a unique high-growth opportunity for professionals who are looking to gain significant transaction experience and contribute to all facets of the deal process. As an analyst at Telos, you will not only be afforded exposure to senior bankers and client management teams, but also be asked to work on a variety of transactions in all stages from pitching to closing, in addition to providing overall support to transaction teams. You will immediately be assigned to a wide variety of projects and given as much responsibility as your experience and capabilities allow. With supervision from senior bankers, the analyst will assist in the preparation of valuation materials, buyer and investor lists, financial models and analyses, memorandums for company sale assignments and private placements, M&A analyses as well as participate in due diligence and transaction negotiations.
Desired Skills, Experience and Expertise
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Previous intern and / or work experience, preferably in a financial analysis or investment banking role
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top institution
- Excellent analytical and quantitative / modeling skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong communication skills
- Strong interest in Internet, digital media, and technology
- A desire to grow and succeed within a firm
We are looking for candidates who are able to start in August 2023 (joining our 2023 analyst class). The analyst position is for 2-3 years depending on the candidate’s level of experience. The analyst will be based in our Santa Monica office.
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residency required. Ties to Southern California are a plus.
We pride ourselves on our culture which is truly merit and performance-based. We are an extremely close-knit, collaborative, driven, and fast-paced group that thrives on the exciting and entrepreneurial environment of our clients.
Successful analysts who graduate from our program have placed with a number of high-profile companies including:
- Private equity / growth equity firms (e.g., Level Equity, TZP Group, Recurrent Ventures / North Equity)
- Large digital media and technology companies (e.g., Netflix, NFL, IAC / Vimeo)
- High growth startups backed by Accel Partners, Index Ventures, NEA, Upfront Ventures, Akamai, Catalyst Investors, Searchlight Capital, and others
Telos Advisors is a boutique investment banking firm focused on growth companies in the Internet, digital media and technology sectors. Our highly experienced team looks to provide exceptional strategic advisory and capital raising services to leading, innovative growth companies. Telos is formed to have a long-term, impactful advisory relationship that benefits our clients with proprietary market insights and access to a deep network of relationships developed over several years.
Recent transactions completed by the team at Telos include:
- Team Coco (Conan O’Brien) acquisition by SiriusXM
- Chartable acquisition by Spotify
- Donut Media acquisition by Recurrent Ventures
- WorldWinner (Sony) acquisition by Platinum Equity
- Output Series A Capital Raise (led by Summit Partners)
- Xumo acquisition by Comcast
The team at Telos was the founding Internet and digital media investment banking team at Montgomery & Co. that helped grow Montgomery into one of the leading boutique advisory firms for growth companies. We are a dynamic and growing firm and pride ourselves on being entrepreneurial just like our clients. We offer a casual, close-knit working environment with a strong focus on our company culture, opportunity for growth, lean deal teams that allow for maximum exposure to every facet of a transaction, and mentorship opportunities.
Telos Advisors is based in California with offices in Santa Monica and San Francisco.