Location: Little Rock, Dallas, New York City, Atlanta, Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago
Start Date: Summer of 2023
Title: Investment Banking Analyst
STEPHENS INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYST PROGRAM
The Stephens Investment Banking Analyst Program is one-of-a-kind in the financial services industry. Our two-year, generalist program begins with four weeks of intensive training taught by Stephens bankers who have gone through the process themselves, and evolves into continuous on-the-job experience. Analysts assist junior and senior bankers in advising the firm’s clients across multiple products and industries, while also receiving exposure to private equity firms and family offices.
Our program offers analysts the best opportunity to learn and prepare for a rewarding career in finance, while making significant contributions to our team. Analysts work on deal structure, modeling, presentations, client communications and more.
In operation since 1933, we are among a small group of the nation’s largest family-owned diversified financial services firms, privately held by the Stephens family. This distinction allows us to focus on doing what is right for our clients, and on long-term strategy. In addition to investment banking services, Stephens provides wealth and investment management, fixed income and equities trading and sales, insurance and risk management, public finance, and private capital. We have a national presence with strategic locations across the U.S. and in Europe.
Our Investment Banking team has a superb track record of adding value for small and middle market companies, as well as global organizations, across all major sectors and with deep expertise on the subsector level. Our investment banking professionals have a collaborative approach to addressing the M&A and capital needs of our clients and regularly coordinate with transatlantic colleagues on active and prospective projects. These include some of the most successful public and private companies in business today.
We draw from a team of expert bankers with extensive knowledge in the areas they serve. The consistency of the advice that we provide stems from the tenure of this highly experienced team. On average, our senior bankers have more than a decade of service at Stephens. This reflects the supportive and stable atmosphere at Stephens, which exists alongside a rigorous commitment to achieving excellent client service and maintaining a reputation for focusing on relationships over transactions. We think like owners, on behalf of our clients.
Senior bankers at Stephens take an active and authentic interest in cultivating positive experiences for analysts during the program. Numerous former analysts have become senior team members in Investment Banking and other lines of business at the firm. Whether our Investment Banking analysts stay at Stephens or move on to other opportunities, we know firsthand the unique value of this mutually beneficial program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analysts have a broad array of responsibilities that are executed alongside our veteran bankers, as well as the senior management teams of our clients. These tasks include:
- Develop detailed financial analysis for various types of transactions
- Compose presentation materials including: tailored pitch books, Confidential Information Memorandums and other marketing materials
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative industry research and analysis
- Perform other operational and administrative tasks as needed
The two year program puts motivated Analysts on track for an Associate role at our firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective team player and a commitment to excellence
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to determine the appropriate action
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively, prioritize work to balance multiple projects, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated interest in accounting and finance
- Math and analytical aptitude must be exceptional
- High level of personal integrity and work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to accurately read, interpret and communicate large volumes of numbers and data
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The following registrations will be required within 6 months of employment:
- SIE – Securities Industry Essentials
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative
- Series 63 – Uniform State Law Exam
- Series 79 – Investment Banking Representative Exam