DBD Partners – Investment Banking Analyst
Salt Lake City / New York
DBD Partners is a premier independent boutique investment bank specializing in the lower middle market. DBD Partners was established in early 2018 to build out an elite full-service boutique investment banking firm for the middle market with bulge bracket DNA. Our objective is to bring to the middle market the level of service that bulge bracket banks provide to multibillion-dollar corporations.
We are building our team with highly motivated and extraordinary individuals that wish to join our rapidly growing team and make an impact in the middle market, the economic engine of America. Clients hire DBD Partners because of our unparalleled knowledge of the middle market and bulge bracket process and reach. Our compensation package is comparable with comparable top investment banking franchises. Analysts will be expected to join multiple live deals immediately and contribute to our rapid growth and success. Successful analysts thrive in our highly collaborative culture that rewards individual initiative and finds unlimited personal and professional success opportunities.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We will give you what you need to succeed, from training to mentoring from senior leaders to projects that develop all your skills.
What to expect
The Investment Banking Analyst will be responsible for leading the analytical work in support of transaction execution and assisting associates and senior bankers in the development and delivery of investment banking documents and services to clients and targets. The Analyst should expect a great deal of client exposure and will develop skill sets in the fundamentals of valuation, business strategy, and client communication.
As an Analyst / Associate, you will act as a critical team member in our Investment Banking team.
Essential Tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Developing and maintaining complex financial models
· Performing various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
· Conducting comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
· Preparing presentations and other materials for clients
· Participating in due diligence sessions
· Communicating and interacting with deal team members, including those in international regions
· Managing several projects at once and working effectively as an individual and as part of a team
· Play a key role in supporting origination, opportunity evaluation, and deal execution, working on a broad scope of assignments and products within an industry group
· Team members work closely with senior bankers in day-to-day client requests and deliverables
If you have the initiative and the vision to develop strategies and plans, then this is your role.
Key skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- A track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity, and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Superior organizational and time management skills and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Fluency in English
- Authorized to work in the USA, DBD Partners will not sponsor any work authorization other than OPT
- Dedication to building a career in the investment banking industry
At DBD Partners, we create value for companies in the middle market. We do this by bringing decades of experience in Corporate Finance, M&A, and other Investment Banking services to the heart of America’s economy. DBD Partners has helped companies on the verge of bankruptcy navigate complex financial restructuring and come out triumphant and stronger. We also help companies grow by acting as their corporate development group, raising capital, and acquiring strategic companies as part of the growth strategy. When we engage on a sell-side mandate, we help business owners realize the value of their lives work; sometimes, multigenerational lives work.
Are you ready to be part of a value-creating organization?
Please help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, including your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample. These documents are a way for us to get to know you initially.
After you complete your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet specific required qualifications.
If you are selected to advance to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview via Microsoft Teams. This is your opportunity to bring your resume to life further and showcase your experience to our executive team.
DBD Partners is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people’s unique skills, backgrounds, and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.