At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don’t adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As an Investment Analyst – New Development, you focus on identifying, underwriting, acquiring, and managing new multifamily developments throughout the US. You make substantial contributions to analysis that will inform our investment decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Research different markets to understand the local economy, demographic trends, and the overall health of the multifamily market
- Use GIS and Google Earth to identify potential development sites in target markets
- Work with the company’s network of brokers to assist in site identification
- Help with miscellaneous additional assignments to facilitate the effectiveness of the development team and Cortland as a whole
- Underwrite new development opportunities
- Create investment memos to present opportunities to our internal investment committee as well as external investment partners
- Assist in all aspects of the development process, including project entitlement, architectural and design development, capital raising, construction management, and eventual project disposition
Roles You Will Play
- You are driven to succeed in an environment that can be ambiguous and require multitasking – and you love every second of it.
- Significant investment decisions are made based on the efficiency and accuracy of your analysis.
- Investors have a crystal-clear picture of how their assets are performing thanks to your continuous and clear communication.
Building Blocks of Success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated interest in real estate, finance, business, or related area with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to write well and succinctly with stellar attention to detail
- Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision
- Strong computer and financial modeling skills, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint
We create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest. Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Share with your network