Virtu’s internship program offers students an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the firm and the world’s financial markets. We have built a thoughtful and challenging curriculum that introduces students to all aspects of Virtu’s business through a company-curated global training week, real world trading problems to solve and engaging social events to get to know our team and culture.
- Location: Austin, New York, Chicago, Singapore
- Dates: 10 week program, starting June 6th 2022 – August 12th, 2022 (with flexibility if needed)
- Training: Ongoing training throughout the summer
- Projects: Real problems to solve throughout the program. Interns will work from a list of projects and have several senior mentors throughout the program.
Our Quantitative Traders are responsible for the design, operation, and improvement of high‐performance algorithmic trading strategies deployed on electronic trading venues around the world. They work closely with our quants and software engineers to enhance and further develop the firm’s trading strategies. Quantitative Traders become experts in Virtu’s trading technology and its interaction with the market.
As a Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll work alongside Virtu’s senior traders on a variety of exciting and challenging projects that introduce you to all the intricacies of market making. We’ve designed the internship to be very hands-on; interns will spend most of their time solving trading problems as they occur in the markets and working from a menu of projects with the team. Projects can come from a variety of different trading desks such as Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income, Options, ETF’s, Energy and more. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
Virtu is looking for top performers. Whether you’re a coding whiz or a master of Shakespeare, we would like to meet you!
- Excellent academic background (all majors welcome)
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills and mathematical aptitude
- Some programming experience is required (Python, SQL, Java or C++ are a plus)
- A physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.
After applicants pass an initial resume screening, an online programming test may be sent to you via email from a service called Codility. After completing the programming test, we will follow up with you on next steps. We’re looking forward to meeting you!