- Get real work experience at one of the largest mining and metal companies in the world, focused on safety and inclusion
- Work with the newest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change
- 4 to 8-month internship (January or May 2022 start)
About the role
We are offering a 4 to 8-month internship as part of the Rio Tinto Commercial team based in Chicago, Illinois.This opportunity will provide you a great opportunity to understand the global logistics network enabling North American manufacturing access to a world supply chain. From suppliers to customers, Rio Tinto has a very large scope
Our position is challenging, you will be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped Rio Tinto progress.
What you’ll bring
- At least one year completed* in a bachelor or master’s in Finance, Supply Chain Management or other related field
- Safety mindset
- Leadership skills, eagerness to learn and ready for the challenge ahead
- Flexibility and autonomy
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
*To be eligible for an internship, you must be returning to school in the fall and have the right to work in the US.
What’s on offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary
- A relocation stipend and assistance for eligible candidates
- Ambitious, exciting and rewarding experience
- Opportunity to build relationships with the Rio Tinto team and community
- A great chance to prepare yourself to join our Graduate Development Program
Where you will be working
Join a pioneering team in Chicago, delivering commercial insights and driving commercial value across our mine to market value chain. Home to Fortune 500 organizations, Chicago is considered one of the most important business centers in the world. With good public transport options and a wide range of cultural attractions and outdoor activities, it’s the perfect place to enjoy a modern and cosmopolitan lifestyle whilst advancing your career.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Applications close on Friday October 8th (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date). Applications received will be assessed over the following weeks.
Please note, in order to be considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.